Surgical Associates of Monterey Bay and the Vein Clinic of Monterey Bay are closely monitoring recommendations from the government, health officials and our local hospitals.
- Our offices are open and surgeries will proceed on a case by case basis.
- If a non-urgent surgery requires rescheduling, our office will contact you.
- Individuals may leave their residence for services at healthcare operations.
- Masks are required for all persons over 13 years old and recommended for children between 3 and 12 years old.
This information could change at any time based on recommendations from our local health officials, hospitals and outpatient surgery centers.
For patients entering our office - if you have symptoms concerning for COVID-19, you will be redirected to the nearest Emergency Room for evaluation. Accompanying persons other than the patient should wait outside the office, exceptions can be made for minors and disabled persons.
Especially for higher risk patients, please consider rescheduling non-urgent appointments. The CDC identifies higher risk individuals as:
- Older adults
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes or lung disease
For all others, please exercise judgement in determining the severity of your illness and the need to be seen by one of our providers.
Additional information can be found at the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html